Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Billing in India


It had been two days since my Tvs Apache rear tyre got flat and i was like let me do it later, cos i have my sister's scooty to move on. But today to my astonishment my sister took her bike to office and i was left with my flat tyre apache..

Fine, let me try to fix it up was my thought, but then i remembered, last time when my rear tyre got flat, the person asked me to change the tyre because the inner thread of the tyre has worn out and it is damaging the tube. Hence i decided to change the tyre.

I started my bike which was quite heavy because there was no air in the rear tyre  but managed to reach a nerby puncture shop, filled up the air though it wouldn’t last for more than 5 mins and also damamge the tube inside. I didnt care about it, cos i am going to change both the tyre and the tube.

Reached the place, this shop is just 5 months old and i saw good number of people. I was just wondering how come he was able to pulin so many customers within a time frame of 5 months who were mostly drivers.

Dressed in a white Derby shirt and Lacoste beige trouser i was offered a place to sit in the owner's ac cabin. I was looking through the glass how they fixed the rim and the tyre through the machine which happend in a jify...

Well, i was sittin there alone until the owner came in and introduced himself to me, for which i said i am Ragav, and i am waiting for my bike to be delivered. He immediately called out a guy's name and said "Sir oda bike enache" there came no reply, the owner comforted me saying sir give me 5 mins it will be done.

There walked in a  carrying a huge purse, he started the conversation wit the owner "Sir, wht is the cost i need to pay", the owner said its Rs2950 and asked the driver how much should i put in the bill?? and I could feel my jaw down, cos of the offer made by the owner to the driver, the driver scratched his head and said "make a bill wherein i will get a profit of rs.200” the owner immediately changed the bill to rs.3150" the driver was so happy, he immediately paid Rs.2950 and left the place with a huge smile, and i was still waiting but wit anger and disappointment now.
Then came my bike with the new tyre and tube, i asked how much should i pay and he said its Rs.2100. Thankfully i was not a driver to cheat my boss, thankfully i was not offered any adjustments like this.(No wonder why the driver's purse was huge- full of cash- cheated from the owner)

Why does it happen like this in India, i am not blaming this shop alone, there are more and more shops, department stores which offer such a cheap deal.

Its true Govt gives an advertisement asking the public to ask for bill but not a fake bill. Guess there would be another advertisement from the Govt to ask for proper bills :P but who is ready to give and who is ready to accept it.??????

WE need to answer this question how truthfull we are???? Not just to the government but to ourselves also…

6 comments:

  1. Hi idi9!! no worries..this happens everywhere in India starting from a tea shop to corporate world.... its in the hands of the people who will have to bring some change!! lets decide and be honest to ourself and the society... hope others will follow us soon!!!

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. good thought:) and happy u changed ur tyre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello IDI9: These things happen from petit tea shop to the corporate world.. so lets be true to ourself and try neither to be cheated nor to cheat others and live peacefully!!!

    cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ya we also encourage these things lot of times witout our knowledge..... how many of us bother to collect the bills from stores,petrol bunks etc etc...

    ReplyDelete